Available engine : 1.6 THP 160 bhp
Transmission : Automatic TipTronic Gearbox.
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with traction control
- Emergency Braking Assistance (EBA)
- Intelligent Traction Control System
- Driver’s and front passenger’s airbag
- Front lateral, curtain and driver’s knee airbags
- Two outer rear Isofix child seat anchorage points
- Cornering lights
- 17” ‘Baltique’ alloy wheels
- Multi-functional fixed-centred controls steering wheel
- Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors
- Automatic air conditioning with soft diffusion system
- Front and rear electric windows with ‘one-touch’ operation and anti-pinch
- Acoustic windscreen
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- RDS stereo radio/MP3 compatible CD player with bi-tuner
- Leather steering wheel
- Multi-function on-board trip computer
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Daytime-running LEDs
- Snow mode
- Connecting Box – Bluetooth® system with USB socket
- Electrically folding door mirrors
- Front fog lights
- Rear parking sensors
- Visibility Pack – automatic rain-sensitive windscreen wipers and automatic illumination of headlamps
- Rear centre armrest with ski flap
- Height-adjustable front seats
Available engine : 1.6 THP 160 bhp
Transmission : Automatic TipTronic Gearbox.
IN ADDITION TO CONFORT :
- Hydractive 3+ suspension
- Electric front seats (slide, tilt, height, seat, lumbar, shoulder with memory for driver’s seat)
- Tyre pressure monitor
- Chrome insert on door handles
- Chrome effect window trims
- Front and rear carpet mats
- Chrome effect inserts on dashboard
- Part leather upholstery
- Lumbar adjustment on driver’s seat
- Front and rear parking sensors with parking space gap measurement system
- Interior mood lighting
- Laminated side windows
- 17” ‘Ionian’ alloy wheels
- Multi-function on-board trip computer with colour screen
- Electrochrome rear view mirror
- Anti-theft alarm (perimetric and volumetric)
- Automatic electric parking brake
- Chrome effect side rubbing strips and front fog light inserts
- Hill Start Assist function
- Electric slide/Tilt sunroof
- Xenon dual function
The Citroën C5 combines performance and comfort to deliver a ride worthy of an executive vehicle:
- the sophisticated running gear (inherited from the Citroën C6) soaks up any bumps or dips in the road surface;
- the choice of suspension (Hydractive III+ or metal) satisfies all driving styles and requirements;
- standard ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) and the Intelligent Traction Control keep the car on course
The Hydractive III+ suspension makes for a safe, comfortable ride:
- adapts automatically to road conditions and driver input;
- keeps the car at a constant height, regardless of load;
- includes two stiffness settings: soft and firm;
- features a “sport” mode for a more dynamic ride, with the emphasis on driving pleasure and thrills behind the wheel
The 6-speed automatic gearbox gives you a choice between automatic mode, which adapts the gear changing (eleven shift patterns) to your driving style, and sequential mode, which lets you change gears freely.
This gearbox ships with the THP 160 petrol engine.
The intuitive and innovative driving position is designed to resemble a cockpit, made for driving thrills.
It is equipped with a fixed-centred controls steering wheel for immediate access to the most frequently used functions.
Driving information is grouped on three elegant dials with annular needles that run around the dial rather than across it for easy reading.
The Citroën C5 also boasts premium quality seating, meeting the highest standards in comfort.
The front features “Comfort” seats, or “Sport” seats for firmer support. The seats include multi-way power adjustment with memorised settings to help you find the ideal position.
For an even more relaxed ride, massage and heating functions are also available.
Passengers at the rear will appreciate the three-seater bench with adjustable head restraints and a wide central armrest.
The Citroën C5 is a spacious, well-designed car setting exceptional standards in onboard comfort for the occupants.
The design makes full use of cabin space with a host of integrated storage compartments and generous boot space.
The rear seat features a 2/3 – 1/3 split/fold function. When folded, it frees up a totally flat loading area.
Generous space at the rear means that passengers travel in first-class comfort.
The sophisticated premium design of the Citroën C5 cabin is an invitation to travel.
Every detail of the cabin, from the dashboard to the central console and door panels, reflects the clear choices made in styling.
Special attention was paid to the choice of materials and to finish, with lacquer trim, chrome inserts, real metal, slush moulding, etc.
The Citroën C5 ships with a wide choice of interior trims, including a full leather option (seats, door panels, central console and upper fascia trim) for an executive finish that is particularly distinctive and sophisticated.
Automatic air conditioning
The automatic air conditioning on the Citroën C5 is designed to ensure a comfortable temperature for all passengers:
- coupled with a soft diffusion system to create a uniform blanket of air around the cabin;
- temperature settings at the front can be customised (and memorised with the electric seats option);
- relayed at the rear by passenger-dedicated air outlets;
- with an automatic recirculation function.
On board the Citroën C5, high-quality soundproofing ensures a relaxed ride:
- the laminated windows (standard for the windscreen and side windows depending on trim level) comprise two sheets of glass and one of plastic to limit incoming noise;
- a triple seal effectively soundproofs the doors;
- absorbent materials treat vehicle noise at source (e.g. for the engine);
- exterior parts are designed and fitted to ensure high-quality sound insulation.
– absorbent materials treat vehicle noise at source (e.g. for the engine);
– exterior parts are designed and fitted to ensure high-quality sound insulation.
MyWay is a simplified radio and navigation system with a 7″ colour screen and a particularly attractive price tag.
It includes an MP3 and WMA compatible CD player (several portable audio devices can be connected) and a Bluetooth kit for a hands-free phone.
HiFi Audio system
The hifi audio system on the Citroën C5 boasts exceptional acoustic qualities:
- music is played back through eight loudspeakers built into the dashboard and doors;
- a subwoofer in the boot augments low frequency performance;
- a 350W Dolby Surround digital amplifier radiates sound around the cabin.
The hill-start assist function works with the electric parking brake to keep your vehicle steady for two seconds when you release the brake pedal on a slope of over 3%.
This gives you time to move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
Parking sensors make manoeuvring easier and are an essential part of city driving:
- ultrasonic sensors in the bumpers sense any obstacles close to the car;
- the system emits an audible beep and shows the proximity and location of the obstacles on the onboard computer screen.The hill-start assist function works with the electric parking brake to keep your vehicle steady for two seconds when you release the brake pedal on a slope of over 3%. This gives you time to move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
Parking space gap
Parking space ‘gap’ measurement system
The parking space ‘gap’ measurement system works with the parking sensors to help you park your vehicle:
- tells you whether the space is big enough;
- and indicates the difficulty of parking manœuvres;
Cruise control and speed limiter
The cruise control/speed limiter function with steering-wheel controls contributes to a relaxed driving experience:
- cruise control keeps the vehicle at a set speed without using the accelerator pedal;
- the speed limiter keeps the vehicle within the limit selected by the driver;
- the cruise control/speed limiter can be turned off, using the button on the steering wheel, for example, or by pressing hard on the accelerator.
Electric parking brake
For your comfort and safety, the Citroën C5 features an electric parking brake:
- engages automatically when the engine is stopped and disengages automatically on acceleration;
- easily activated using a button on the central console;
- coupled to the hill-start assist function;
- standard on versions fitted with Hydractive III+ suspension
– coupled to the hill-start assist function;
– standard on versions fitted with Hydractive III+ suspension
The Citroën C5’s halogen headlamps let you anticipate bends in the road.
They include adaptive front lighting covering an angle of up to 75° on the right- or left-hand side of the vehicle.
Along with daytime-running lights, these functions make sure that you can be easily seen on the road.
Bi-Xenon directional headlamps set high standards in safety:
- excellent visibility at night or in bad weather;
- white beams make night driving less tiring;
- headlamps follow the steering angle of the car so that you can see the road ahead sooner;
- coupled with corner lights (covering an angle of up to 105° on each side) and daytime-running lights that make you more visible;
- twice the brightness of halogen lights.
The Citroën C5 has an innovative and comprehensive braking system:
- four large-diameter vented disc brakes;
- an ABS (Anti-Blocking System) feature that adjusts braking pressure electronically to stop the wheels locking;
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) that distributes braking power evenly to all wheels;
- Emergency Braking Assistance (EBA) that boosts braking power instantly when the driver presses hard on the brake pedal.
ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) helps the driver keep the car under control even in the most difficult situations:
- acts on brakeforce distribution and engine speed to keeps the car on course if it loses grip when cornering;
- coupled to a traction control (ASR) system that immediately brakes the drive wheels in the event of skidding.
A world exclusive, Intelligent Traction Control provides grip on slippery surfaces:
- helps the vehicle keep moving in snow, black ice or rain;
- manages the traction control system using a control unit that analyses a wide range of parameters (slope, type of snow, ice, etc.) and adjusts slippage of the right and left wheels separately.
The qualities of Snow Motion are optimised by snow tyres.
The body structure of the Citroën C5 sets the highest standards in passenger protection:
- the front end is designed to soak up impact energy in the event of a collision;
- the cabin has been stiffened to prevent intrusions or buckling of the survival cell.
The Citroën C5 is assembled in France at the Rennes site, which has invested heavily in the environment and sustainable development.
The industrial facilities are adapted to the latest technologies and the site has obtained ISO 14001 certification.