This policy is meant for you (“you”) as user of our Website to understand how Al Rostamani Trading Co. LLC (“ARTC”, “We”) collects, processes uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services or interact with our Website.
This policy is subject to change from time to time at ARTC’s discretion.
By using the Website you agree to abide by the terms of this policy otherwise please refrain from using the Website and visit us at our office address to undertake your requirements.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
- sets out the types of personal information we collect;
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal information;
- explains when and why we may share personal information within ARTC and with other organizations;
- explains how we protect the personal information we collect; and
- explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information.
This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “Services”).
INFORMATION COLLECTED AT REGISTRATION AND ITS USAGE:
When you use our Website, we may collect:
- Information about your online Services;
- Information about your online browsing behavior on our Website;
- Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
- Information about your precise geolocation.
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
- Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information
We may also use personal information from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our partners and public registers. We may collect the following types of personal information about you from other sources: contact details, credit history, purchases, interests, preferences, or other types of publicly available information. This other personal information helps us to:
- review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
- improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling,
- To help us develop and improve our products and services, understand our customer better to manage and improve our relationship with you;
- for market research purpose, customer satisfaction, and
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering and to recover any debts owed to us.
We may be required by law to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to be used in accordance with this Policy, you will still be able to visit our Website but you may not be able to access certain options or Services, and in some cases we may not be able to fulfil a Service you request.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to provide the Services you have requested, including:
- To fulfil your order, deliver or service your vehicle
- to book any test drive or provide any brochure you request,
- to provide, manage and respond to any requests you have made to us
- to help us identify you when you contact us
- to manage safety recalls and quality campaigns
- to market to you and, where appropriate, to invite you to any events that we might organize.
- Change and update their contact details
- and any other Service that may be added to the Website from time to time.
We may use your personal information to personalise the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- Using your online browsing behaviour to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services;
- Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to vehicles and Services we offer. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on our Website and on other organizations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications;
- To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you access our Website.
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
- Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by ARTC and by other organizations on our behalf.
It is in our legitimate business interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
ANALYSING YOUR INFORMATION
We analyse information about how you use our Services to:
- Manage and improve our Website;
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our Services to improve it.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
– ARTC Subsidiaries
We may share the personal information collected by any of our subsidiaries with our other subsidiaries for the purposes listed above.
– ARTC employees
We may share your personal information with our employees.
– Service Providers
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We only share personal information that enables our Service Providers to provide their services.
– Third Parties
We may share personal information with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- if any applicable law or a public authority says we must share the personal information;
- if we need to share personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal information to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal information can use your personal information in the same way as us
- to any other successors in title to our business; or
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, technical, and organisational safeguards to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and destruction. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our Services.
ARTC is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
We keep records for as long as required to a) provide our Services b) personalise the Services and communications with you c) comply with the applicable record retention legal requirements. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations and regulators’ expectations.
If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com
However, we will retain and use your registration information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the Services and responses to enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details on a suppression list so we don’t send you marketing communications in the future.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies help us to provide important features and functionality on our Websites, and we use them to improve your customer experience.
Cookies allow us to improve the way our Websites work so that we improve the performance of our Websites Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from.
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
YOUR CHOICES IN RELATION TO COOKIES
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Website.
You have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. To receive a copy, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- withdraw any consents you have provided for our use of your personal information;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at email@example.com below.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, or out of date, please write to the address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
LINKS TO OTHERS